Engineering

Connect one-on-one with a verified engineer who will answer your question

Matt, Engineer

More related answers
All engineers are VERIFIED
İ put a device on the wall 9 months ago and removed it now.
Matt, Engineer
İ put a device on the wall 9 months ago and removed it now. Here's the color difference. What could the cause be? For info, İ live in Qaa Er Rim, Lebanon… read more
, Is it hard to become an engineer? How long does it take?
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
, Is it hard to become an engineer? How long does it take? How much does school cost? Are jobs enjoyable, stressful, exciting?… read more
What is the ideal size and class of rock recommended
walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
What is the ideal size and class of rock recommended for filling a river bank to retain and support topsoil layer for a wharf project?… read more
I am opening up a living area that was a large living room
walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
I am opening up a living area that was a large living room on one side and a dining room and kitchen on the other side. The roof is hipped and uses rafter and a ridge. the ceiling joist span the depth… read more
Who builds roads in states? I am aware that the state government
walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
Who builds roads in states? I am aware that the state government funds it from our tax money, but who does the actual work? Are they private contractors? Is the information about the builder available… read more
How many 11.1/2 LVLs are needed to create a beam to support
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
How many 11.1/2 LVLs are needed to create a beam to support a future second floor. The center beam will span 22 feet with the carried span of 20 feet.… read more
can I have answers to all the questions on this link? htt
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
can I have answers to all the questions on this link? http://www.justanswer.com/engineering/7pgv5-hi-there-how-require-answer-8-9-basic.html… read more
Part of the second floor of my home is on a 3' cantilever over
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
Part of the second floor of my home is on a 3' cantilever over my garage. I am getting some sagging and want to reinforce the area and want to know what options might work. Can I double the joists in … read more
Four identical steel cylindrical steel cables with a characteristic
Matt, Engineer
Four identical steel cylindrical steel cables with a characteristic yield stress of 300MPa supports a cargo crate weighing 12 tons. What should the diameter of each of the four cables be to ensure a s… read more
Question regarding reinforced concrete, box culvert design,
Expert, engineer
Question regarding reinforced concrete, box culvert design, footing design moment continuity.… read more
want to pour a suspended concrete deck 16' long at one end
walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
want to pour a suspended concrete deck 16' long at one end 2' wide at other end 7' wide total square ft 72 deck will weigh 7729 lbs total am thinking of 3/4 in plywood on 4x8 stringers are these adequ… read more
Hello I'm a physiotherapist and I need a passive elliptical
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
Hello I'm a physiotherapist and I need a passive elliptical trainer for my neurological patients. I can't find it anywhere so I have to make it. How I can make an elliptical trainer move passively?… read more
I am looking for an retired engineer to draw a schematic
Expert, engineer
I am looking for a retired electronics engineer(2 names/email) to draw on paper a schematic circuit with part numbers after I describe what the circuit will do. this circuit should not be too complex … read more
, i need someone who can help me complete a grounding and
electrifier
electrifier, Owner - Contractor
, i need someone who can help me complete a grounding and bonding test and report, please let me know asap… read more
I have a rambler with full basement. It was built in 1971.
walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
I have a rambler with full basement. It was built in 1971. The property and house seem to be victim from severe water fun-off. The back stoop settled so much I got down on my hands and knees to get a … read more
I would like to add an I-beam and chain fall hoist to the second
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
I would like to add an I-beam and chain fall hoist to the second story of a barn so that I can lift heavy things up to the loft for storage. The I-beam woud need to extend outside the barn, unsupporte… read more
I need a quick connect/disconnect system new invention
green-owl
green-owl, Electrical engineer
I need a quick connect/disconnect system for a new invention I am working on. I need a way to take a handle and press it into a slot, in this case a place in the wall to do pullups or a chunk of metal… read more
How much weight is required as a counterbalance to a 10m
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
How much weight is required as a counterbalance to a 10m pole, elevated at 45 deg with a 40kg weight at the end of it. I have rough sketches and am happy to provide more details as required. LINK to i… read more