Engineering

Engineering Questions? Ask an Engineer for Answers ASAP

How complicate it is for engineer to build stimulation

Customer Question
motions or movements device or...
How complicate it is for engineer to build stimulation motions or movements device or small robot ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Engineering
3/7/2018
Engineer: Hannah Ricottilli, Librarian replied 1 month ago
Hannah Ricottilli

Hello! I'm Hannah, and I'll be your expert today. I apologize for the wait. Please give me a moment to review your question and I'll be right back with my reply!

Engineering something like robots is complicated. They require a lot of time to get the results of stimulation motions and movements. For example, say you want to have an arm move up and down. You would first have to make sure the coding is correct otherwise the division won't run or perform a jerky motion. Also, one should make sure the hardware plugged in correctly. You also want to make sure the built of the arm can create that motion you wish to and is sturdy enough not to fall apart.

I say this with experience. I bought this robot called Hexy the Hexapod and was facing all these problems. The struggle is worth it because it is incredible to see what you've learned plus I once the robot was complete with no more flaws, I made a code to make my robot dance.

Plus, if one is building a robot that can perform on its own, this would require sensing, cognition, and integration. This type of robot would take a lot of coding and knowledge base.

Here are links that will give you more information about the complexity or simplify it takes to create a robot:
-http://robohub.org/why-making-robots-is-still-hard/
-https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-making-robots-is-so-darn-hard
-https://lifehacker.com/build-a-kickass-robot-arm-the-perfect-arduino-project-1700643747
-http://arcbotics.com/products/hexy/ (this is information about Hexy if you are interested in learning more about)

Also, here is a link to making one, it has a considerable amount of details that go step-by-step:
-https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/how-to-make-a-robot-lesson-1-3707

I hope I have provided what you were looking. If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating would be much appreciated. And please, do not hesitate to let me know if you need any further follow-up questions!

Hannah Ricottilli
Hannah Ricottilli
Hannah Ricottilli, Librarian