green-owl
green-owl, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Lot of experiences with design, build of prototypes and production systems,
14666028

What type of material can be used or made to simulate human

Customer Question

What type of material can be used or made to simulate human bone, the density and the brittleness I would like to make a ballistics gel dummy and would like for it to be as close to anatomically correct as possible.
Category: Engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is not a question for your expertise what expert should I ask?
Expert:  green-owl replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Most material can be used depending of a specific thing you want to test. They are sometime made of thin steel, other time they are made from fiberglass. Buster, the dummy in the TV show MythBusters have bones made from poplar wood and i find that a very good material. Animal bones (pig) could also be used. To make a bone more realistic from wood, one could hollow the middle fill it with foam and glue it back.