Engineering

Engineering Questions? Ask an Engineer for Answers ASAP

Alternative to suction cup. I need to find an alternative…

Customer Question
Alternative to suction cup. I need...
Alternative to suction cup.
I need to find an alternative material that work similar to plastic suction cups to stick items to the panel of my acrylic bath.
Are there any other options I can use that are not permanent but can but stuck on and taken off like a suction cup but not a suction cup?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Engineering
3/1/2016
Engineer: StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree

Hello

Hello, do you need more info or are you typing the answer?

How long does it need to stay up an what makes suction cups undesirable?

It needs to go on a bath pillow so it needs to be able to be submerged in water for taking a bath.

Suction cups cause problems with not sticking properly or sticking but the suction is not strong so it slips. Also if the suction is too strong it can be difficult to take off without the possibility of ripping the bath pillow itself.

Is there an alternative that can be used to keep it sticking on the bath panel surface and be able to be removed and restuck everytime it is used?

I will do some research and get back to you