Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Can the thyroid affect blood pressure. i have had consistent…

Customer Question
Can the thyroid affect...

Can the thyroid affect blood pressure. i have had consistent readings of 65 to 55 on the bottom for months. blood work combines back in range for tsh 3.7

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Tired lethargic weight gain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Breast cancer 2x mastecomy

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
5/27/2018
Endocrinologist: drphophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago
drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thyroid hormones can affect the blood pressure.

But your diastolic blood pressure reading is not likely to be due to thyroid. Your TSH reading too is normal.

You would need echocardiography for the evaluation.

Some heart valve issues can cause low diastolic pressure.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.