Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My t3 and free t3 are very high and my tsh is very low. my…

Customer Question
My t3 and free...

My t3 and free t3 are very high and my tsh is very low. my t4 is normal. Any ideas of what might be happening. I no longer have a thyroid and I feel ok, but still have several hypothyroid symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, but I'm not always happy with his diagnosis. I am taking levothyroxine 225mcg and liothronine 50mcg - I was taking 62.5 mcg and the doctor lowered my dose.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also take 25mcg of zoloft and I have allergies.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
3/23/2018
Endocrinologist: Dr. David, Other replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your TSH level

very low TSH levels means you are hyperthyroid and your doses of levothyroxine and liothronine are too high

Ok, but why am I still having symptoms of low thyroid? Dry itching skin, nails won't grow, hard to lose weight, constipated, etc.

your symptoms are not due to low thyroid hormone levels.

hyperthyroidism can cause dry skin.

nails not growing isn't affected by your thyroid.

your diet affects your weight and constipation. you need cut out carbs and eat more protein and fruits and vegetables and exercise regularly to loose weight.