Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Thyroid question. Tsh - 2.79. Low vitamin D. Testosterone…

Thyroid question. Tsh - 2.79...
Thyroid question. Tsh - 2.79. Low vitamin D. Testosterone 669.I’m still struggling with symptoms. I just had a visit with the endocrinologist and they seem to think it’s mental. I go on and off of feeling good to feeling a bit bad.
Still feel fatigued and have some issues with erections as I did not have before prior. Am an athletic guy. 29 years old. Good lipid panel as of November 2017.
3/20/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear about your current struggle. Can you tell me please do you have any chronic medical conditions or take any medications regularly? Have you been having any changes in appetite or energy level lately? Any difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep? Any major life changes recently such as a geographic move, relationship break up, death of a friend or family, stress from work or school?

Hi. So I was diagnosed with hypothyroid ism in October of 2017. Tsh was 7.83. We started levothyroxine and took up to 75 mcg to get thyroid level to 2.79. I recently switched to actual brand synthroid as a family relative did say to me that synthroid is better absorbent.I stopped taking a multi vitamin and only take vitamin D, B complex vitamin and magnesium 250 mg.

My apologies for the delayed response. I became side tracked in my office. I'm glad to hear that the thyroid condition has been adequately addressed. Your current TSH and testosterone levels are both within the normal range. The symptoms you are having do not appear to be related to your thyroid gland or hormone levels. The endocrinologist essentially believes that his/her work is done, and it is possible that your fatigue, issues with erections and on/off feeling of good and bad may be psychological and/or emotional. Depression can certainly cause all of the above, as I was alluding to in my series of questions above. If you believe that might be a possibility, I would encourage you to seek help in the form of therapy/counselling as well as antidepressant medication. You can talk with your primary care provider and/or a psychiatrist. Is there anything else I can help you with, or any specific questions I can answer for you?

HMm well first of all I don’t feel depressed. Never struggled with depression. I felt great before hypo thyroid symptoms came to play.
I’ve been reading about t4 to T3. Why don’t doctors or endos test T3
Also can I take OTC medicines like a 12 hour relief pseudofed ?
I’m glad to hear that you do not feel or believe you are depressed. So long as th TSH and T4 are normal, T3 is virtually always normal. T4 is converted to T3 peripherally in the body tissues, independent of the thyroid gland so it isn’t routinely checked. That being said you can certainly request your physician add it on to your current lab panel. If it was recent, there may still be some of your blood specimen available on hold in the lab and it would only take a phone call from your doctor to have it checked as a test add on.
Yes, you can safely take OTC decongestants like Sudafed (pseudoephedrine).
Anything else I can help with?
Is there anything that could be underlying? Any foods I shouldn’t be eating?
My T4 was normal when my TSh was high in November. I haven’t had a recheck of my T4 once my tsh normalized.My vitamin D was low so I take 2-5,000 IUS per day. Could that have an effect on my erection issues?They are testing cortisol and adrenals as well.
Since your TSH has normalized, no need to recheck your T4 technically since it was never even low. Low vitamin D can cause some of your symptoms too so it’s good to take the supplement you are taking. Sounds like your doctor is being very thorough in checking cortisol and adrenal steroid hormones too, since they can affect the symptoms you’re having too. No need to avoid any particular foods, just continue a well balanced healthy diet. All in all I’d say you’re receiving excellent medical care already.
Any other questions I can address for you?
Actually it’s not my primary care that ordered these tests. My Endo did. If I didn’t push for my thyroid and vitamin levels to be checked back in the fall , idk if I’d find out. But that’s a different story.
My concern is things haven’t return to normal. My pressure was 100/70. Lipids, sugars and metabolic were all good.
Honestly I think all my blood work was great minus vitamin d. Tsh is now normal. Not sure if I’d function better off a lower number under 2.0?
Is it true that it’s better to be on brand name synthroid and not generic? I just switched a week ago to the brand name for better absorption.
No need to have a lower TSH, within the normal range is where you want to be, raising your Synthroid dose would not provide any further benefit and would likely cause adverse side effects. For some patients, yes, using the branded drug over the generic can be better. Now that you are euthyroid you could consider with your endocrinologist, after a certain time period of staying within the range of normal, switching back to a generic in the interests of cost reduction, to see if you remain euthyroid.
Shouldn’t my symptoms resolve after being normal? Should I add a multi vitamin back to my regime?
I’m getting erections as I am in a relationship but sex is not the same. I don’t wake up with them. When I get them they’re not long lasting as before the hypo thyroidism. I tried explaining this to the Endo. And I didn’t get much resolution. He did a physical exam and said everything felt normal.Is it possible or common that symptoms take a while to resolve?
As I add, before hypothyroid , I had a 5-6 day workout routine, avid tennis and basketball player after work leagues, and a very high sex drive to satisfy my girlfriend. I know my body has not returned to normal. I may have had one or two nights that I’ve had in that time frame sexually since February 20th (when I returned to normal) but I haven’t seen consistency.
I understand your concern. You can certainly add back vitamins to your intake, particularly B complex ones that are helpful in terms of restoring energy. It is still very possible that you just need more time since you’ve only been back to euthyroid status for about a month and from the sound of it we’re likely clinically hypothyroid for a time period much longer than that. Think of your condition similar to adrenal fatigue, but thyroid. It would take at least as long a time period back to normal and maybe even longer in comparisons to the time you were hypothyroid. But have hope, you are well in your way toward recovery.
WHats an average time frame it takes it takes patients to fully recover after being in euthyroid ?
Difficult to say. It depends on how long you were hypothyroid. If we assume you were hypothyroid for 4 months, then I would say about 4-6 months to retune to normal. Any other questions?
what if I was hypothyroid for 2 years?
Could I really lose another year off my life feeling like this

Probably not, but it still may take some time as your body re-adjusts to having an normally active thyroid. Certainly more than 1 month as it has been so far. I would have high hopes, in my opinion, now that you are on the correct Synthroid dose with good lab values, it's just a matter of time.

What scares me is that I was a 4.4 tsh with no symptoms in 2011 and labs were not repeated yearly until my symptoms took a toll on me last summer.- August 2017.
I’m also doing some research on foods to eat and cut out. IT says peanuts and peanut butter.
That I should include more vitamin B, a, d, e, selenium , zinc and iodine in a multi vitamin ? Or the amino acid tyrosine.Do you recommend a specific multi vitamin that contains these?

You can try MegaMen by GNC. It has everything you listed above, except tyrosine. GNC also has a separate L-tyrosine 500mg supplement you can take with it.

I used to take that and I quit. I’m not sure if the fillers are too much.I’ve never used this site before. Should I consult with my doctor first ?Is there anything I should eliminate from my diet?

I do not believe you need to eliminate anything from your diet unless you find a correlation between intake and stomach upset. When it comes to OTC vitamins, as long as you use them as directed on the packaging, and in your case none are marketed as having "thyroid supplement like effects" you should be able to safely use them, however if you have any concerns it never hurts to consult your physician first.

COUld the largenine and vitamins in mega min and tyrosine maybe improve my energy and erections back to normal ?
Does the thyroid medicine deplete any of your vitamin levels? That is a huge question I have.

The MegaMen vitamins and supplements could improve your energy level, particular because of the B complex vitamins, but probably not affect erections. There is another OTC supplement known as yohimbe that may help in terms of both energy levels and erections. It is relatively safe but can interact with some medications such as blood thinners, blood pressure and anti-seizure meds, but not to my knowledge with thryoid medication. Best to ask you endocrinologist. Synthroid does not deplete any vitamin levels in any way.

I've enjoyed our interaction but now need to bring this conversation to a close. If you feel that I've been helpful and informative as your expert through this series of questions, I would kindly ask that you accept these many answers and favorably leave a 5 star review. To continue with any further questions, I would also request that you open a new question and request me personally if you like. Thank you and have a great evening.

Could there be something underlying in regards ***** *****? I don’t think I show signs of heart disease or anything. Could it just be the thyroid or vitamin D?I thought l Argenine could help
Probably not from the vitamin D but could be a residual effect of being hypothyroid, which should get better over time now that you’re euthyroid. L-arginine is purported to help with erections because it gets metabolized into nitric oxide which can help Dialer blood vessels, but taken alone in studies didn’t show much improvement. However, results were better when l-arginine was combined with yohimbine.
Yeah my issue is I haven’t had an erection in over a week. And I know my body. And it’s defintely not back to normal.My Endo called with my test results and all are good. But told me to give it until May if I’m not feeling better which I’m not sure what they do.
I’ve never had depression or anxiety issues so I’m kinda sick of people telling me it could be that.
when you say these symptoms “should “ get better. I’ve been on the thyroid medicine since October 3,2017. I feel like I’ve lost a year of my life being myself. And it’s extremely frustrating that I’m in the normal range but I’m no where near the same.
I have consistent headaches too in the front of my head. Not sure if it’s sinus related or not.
my Endo said not to be concerned about not waking up with erections....which I’m confused Bc before I had symptoms I did almost daily or would wake up In the middle of the night with one. And I didn’t need stimulation to get them. I had a high functioning energy level and sex drive.
Anyone going to assist? Or shall I ask for a refund?
Anyone assisting?
Is there could be anything underlying outside of the thyroid issues that I should have checked? Any other symptoms I should be looking for? Should my tsh be under a 2.0 ?
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist
Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?
please. Have you evaluated what I’ve stated above?
I’ve been euthyroid now for a month. I’ve switched from generic levothyroxine to brand name synthroid about 10 days ago Bc I still have symptoms of no energy , brain fog, headaches and lack of erections. I’m a former athlete who before hypo thyroid, was energetic , had a very high sex drive and was sharp. I’m a supply chain manager and am excellent at my job.I just want to get back to normal again and I don’t feel it. I’ve never struggled with depression or stress.
The only thing that has frustrated me was not feeling right with hypothyroid ism.

Have you had T3 checked?

NO my doctors say it’s unecessary because my free T4 was 1.21. I asked about it and they said no reason to test. Is that accurate?

I often will add a low dose of cytomel to synthroid or levothyroxine to help when people still have symptoms

What is cytomel? I don’t mean to be rude but you have to provide details. I’m not familiar with medical terms.

Yes, this is a form of T3 that you can take

like synthroid but T3 instead of T4

Is my doctor correct in T3 is normal if T4 is a 1.21 with tsh being 2.79?
Or should I request a full lab of thyroid testing. T4-t3

No he is not correct

you need a full thyroid panel

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Can I ask...is there any thing I can take OTc to supplement better T3 function? Why is T3 controversial ?And next thing I’d like to ask: is it normal that symptoms can take a while to subside? Like for instance could it be that Bc I was hypo thyroid for a while that my body could still be adjusting to new tsh ?

T3 isn't controversial

I think it is more laziness honestly

there are no supplements I am aware of

How rare is it for T3 to be low? What is the exact test I should ask for?
how long does it take for t3 medicine to resolve symptoms?

it is not that rare

I see it all the time

Ask for a free T3 level

It takes 4-6 weeks

Will they give me a test after I’ve asked?
My next question is what if my T3 is normal ?

1)I hope so but I can't be sure

2)then you should look at other issues like vitamin deficiencies and adrenal gland issues

Bc I’ve felt okay some days then I seem to regress. I can’t get strong erections like I’ve used to. Im 29.
I’ve had adrenal, testosterone and cortisol performed. They came back fine.

Ok

sleep study

I’ve had vitamin B12 and Vitiman D checked. B12 was normal. Vitamin d was low but recent check I was at a 40 as I’m supplementing about 4,000 iu a day o

sleep study?

What about that

have you had one?

Why wouldn’t doctors order a full thyroid panel ? They’re not drawing the blood.
My endocrinologist doesn’t believe in T3 either.
no I have not had a sleep study.

I don't know why they wouldn't order it

I have no idea

I would recommend a sleep study in that case

I’m getting soft erecgions. No 100%. Im exercising 3-4 days a week but I just feel exhausted. I don’t wake up with them often. And I’m in a relationship. Whenever I attempt sex with my girlfriend it doesn’t last long and it’s killing me. Doctors won’t listen to me.
Can you explain why I need a sleep study? I’m not a medical professional. I’m detailed and need an explanation.

Think about how important sleep is. It is 1/3 of your life

If you aren't getting adequate sleep it affects EVERYTHING

or if your sleep is disrupted

A sleep study will help determine if you have obstructive or central sleep apnea

I don’t have a hard time sleeping. I sleep 7-10 hours s night. Pending which night it is during the week. I sleep in on Sundays til about 9 am.

Yes, but it may not be adequate sleep or your REM sleep might be disrupted for a variety of reasons

Do fit bits measure REM sleep? I get about 2-4 rem per night on that

No, not accurately

Is it possible I just need more time to adjust or do I sound like a patient who needs T3?

I think you need T3

How should I ask? They weren’t a believer last time.
Is there anything potentially underlying that could be causing this outside a sleep study?

Nothing that you haven't had tested

I would just be honest and sincere

tell him that you are very concerned and would like the test

Will insurances cover that test if you have hypo

Yes, they should

IS it dangerous for them to prescribe me T3 hormone without testing for T3?
Or is it recommended to have a tsh lower than 2.0?
What is reverse T3? And are there side effects to cytomel?
my final questions are I currently take a multi vitamin - GNC mega man. Is that ok?And is there a certain diet plan I should follow? Maybe get with a nutritionist for hypothyroid?

1)yes it is dangerous

2)TSH around 1.0 is ideal

3)I find reverse T3 to be of little value. Side effects are same as synthroid

4)GNC multivitamin is fine but probably not necessary

5)get the book eat to live by joel fuhrman. That is the best diet

Should I ask to have my dose of synthroid upped from 75 mcg to 100 then? I’ve been on 75 since January 5th.How would I take T3 if it’s needed?I’m getting worried because I don’t think I’ll ever feel normal again. My girl friend is patient but I can tell she isn’t happy about how I act
I thought those were your final questions. ;)
No I would get T3 tested and go from there. A low dose of cytomel works wonders. You take it with the synthetic T4 as normal
I know I’m sorry. I don’t get more than 10 minutes with these docs at my appointments.Should I eventually feel better? I was a 6 day a week workout warrior and highly functional sexually active male with my girl friend of 2 years. I want my life back.
I'm hoping for you man. I truly am. No one can predict the future. But I hope so.
Have you seen thyroid patients never feel the same again ?
I have unfortunately
https://drhagmeyer.com/thyroid-treatments/Are these the tests they should be ordering?

I don't think so because they don't really help with treatment

I also would like to pick your brain. If my test came back negative for Hashimoto, my ultra sound was normal , yet when I was diagnosed, I had a 7.8 tsh. What could have caused it?Is there some nutritional deficiencies I could also have checked like selenium zinc iodine and vitamin a?And is there anything I can do to improve my erections or is that something T3 would have to play a part?
have you ever seen patients not return to normal after hypothyroidism?

The antibodies probably just haven't shown up yet

they will

I don't believe in nutritional deficiencies causing this. You are eating a standard western diet high in vitamins and taking a vitamin so unlikely.

I'm not sure about the erections. It could be a part of the T3. Or the hypothyroid. So yes.

Yes, I have seen them return to normal

Will my erections return?

I hope so my friend

55357;�
I switched from the generic levothyroxine to brand synthroid. I read that that should be better not worse for me? I don’t know

It depends on who you ask

I have seen it help and not help

Like I have headaches and am just feeling run down
Are the chances high I’ll never get my energy and sex drive back? I’m really nervous :(

Part of the issue is you have to stop obsessing over it my friend.

Try to push through and make the best of it until you can get the follow up testing

the more anxiety you have the worse it will get

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist
I know but it’s hard. I’ve been feeling this way since June/July of 2017 so it’s becoming quite frustrating that a year of my life has been affected.Just think when these doctors just say you should be feeling fine and you don’t and continuously have to wait

I don't agree you should be feeling fine

if you don't feel normal then your doctors need to keep looking or think outside the box

If you were my patient, I would be doing that

I rated you 5 stars and the endocrinologist office will call me back tomorrow

ok great!

THANK you. I’ll have to be more forward of how I want to make this work.

You have to take the bull by the horns

squeaky well gets the grease

etc etc

Is there anything underlying besides T3 I should have checked for erection issues and fatigue? And my frontal headache.

was testosterone checked?

Yessir. 669
My one question would be is we had a water main break a year ago and I wasn’t notified and drank water. Could I just have some toxicity of copper, lead or mercury or chlorine in my blood? I’m phishing here but I’m not sure.

No I don't think so.

You could have blood tests done

Guessing I’d have other symptoms?
I’m thinking my headache could be a sinus infection as my eyes are tearing and it’s painful but that wouldn’t cause issues with my erections right? My back teeth are extremely sensitive. I’m not sure

No I don't think that would be related

Thank you. The only other thing I can think of is heart disease. Could thyroid issues cause heart disease? I never had an issue with blood pressure or cholestoral. I’m. Not sure what the If dental issues are related to it? I just went to the dentist and everything was fine.....Could I have that and not know it or are there symptoms?

would you mind accepting additional services?

we can continue as long as you like

No I don’t have the money for that.

We're really not supposed to keep the questions open forever

They ordered a free T4 -T3 test.
But they also asked me to go to my primary to see if it could be something else underlying. My concerns are I feel light headed during cardiovascular vascular exercises fatigue and sexual dysfunction. And some headaches near the sinuses and bloating.I hope it’s nothjng regarding the heart. If you’d like to shed an opinion great. But if you can’t. I understand.
Hey. My T 4 to T3 came back normal. I still feel 50/50. Is that Normal?
Erections and fitness /energy level is not where it is and I have frontal headaches.What vitamin deficiancies should I look for
Hello
Can you assist with more questions

yes I can

I’m still scared. My energy and erections are not normal. When I look at a girl I’m attracted to I don’t get erect and when I’m with someone it takes stimulation and when I do I have premature ejaculation.I am no where near normal than I used to be. I’m only 29.
My energy isn’t there either. And I had the free t4 to t3 test done.I take 9,600 ius of vitamin d daily and a multi vitamin and iron pills. Along with my 75 Mcg of synthroid. (Yes I separate the two by 4 hours).

refresh my memory

what labs did you have?

what meds do you take?

My sex life, dating life, and social life along with working out is in the ruins. I’m not sure what is up with me.I asked my Endo if I can get a prolactin check to make sure that became normal?
Don’t you see my transcript ?

Yes, I see it now.

could it be psychological?

My problem is I never had psychological issues before. Very confident sexually
When all these symptoms hit me I’ve never returned to normal.
Something is off and I don’t know what
My tsh was 2.78. Should it be lower?

TSH around 1.0 is ideal

Do you drink alcohol or take drugs or supplements?

Or could it be my vitamin D hasn’t been up to range and that could be causing this

It could be related. Yes

Could I use these products.
http://www.irwinnaturals.com/products/mens-formulas/steel-libido/http://www.irwinnaturals.com/products/mens-formulas/steel-libido-red/

which products?

I just sent the links. Sorry for the delay. The frustration and nerves are just bothering me due to this ailment. It’s horrible

Yes, that would be fine if you take no other meds

just make sure you have a doctor you see in person to follow up and check necessary labs

Well I take synthroid. 75 mcg and vitamins
Should I have my prolactin checked?And what labs should be checked

you could try 88 mcg per day

that will help

TSH needs followed up though

Prolactin would be good to rule out pituitary issues

It’s just frustrating Bc I switched doctors since my primary refused to check thyroid and vitamin d levels originally then when he did two months later they were diagnosed as abnormal.So getting in with a new is a month out

I'm sorry about that.

I know there is a huge shortage of PCPs everywhere basically

First off :Can I take tyosene? Will that help low my tsh and increase thyroid function ?I added kale to my diet a few days a week.My testosterone was checked in nov. 2011 read a 667 or 670. So that was fine. Is prolactin still necessary ?
Tyrosene***

No, I wouldn't do that

You don't want to start mixing supplements that affect the thyroid and meds

That T level was good

Prolactin can be checked when you get a doctor

it is not urgent but a solid idea

I have a call with my Endo in about ordering a prolactin year.
Is kale a bad idea for the thyroid?
Of the two supplements I posted one does contain tyrosene. I thought that was necessary for thyroid help.

No the kale is fine

I didn't see the tyrosene

I'm sorry

I read this great interesting book on thyroid management. It’s attached. They said tyrosene is good for thyroid function.
https://www.amazon.com/Thyroid-Connection-Tired-Brain-Fogged-Overweight/dp/1478938676
Is tyrosene good in small doses?
Also either of those sexual supplements, do they have benefits that can help me?

What evidence do they have?

I have never seen any good studies that show that tyrosene is "good"

Just wondering what I’ve read. Written by an MD so I took it as credible.
Would taking the steel libido red or black be bad? Do their ingredients seem reliable to sexual improvement

Lots of MDs say lots of things with very little evidence

it may be his opinion

What’s about the steel libido I showed you ?
I’m trying to correct my erection issues
I know it’s otc but I’m just hoping to get better

I guess I'm not too thrilled about you taking that supplement because we have no idea what is affecting you

I still think it is psychological

What makes you say psychological?
Is there side effects to that supplement ?And should I consult my doctor before taking 88 mcg of synthroid?
http://www.irwinnaturals.com/files/supp_facts/SteelLibidoRedSF.jpgIs this bad to take say 4-6 hours after synthroid

Because I don't see anything physically wrong

and you seem extremely anxious about it

I haven’t been myself physically in over a year. I think that has brought on the frustration. I’ve never had anxiety or depression at all so I’m not sure what could be causing.I don’t wake up with strong erections either.
Umm hello?
Could the low vitamin D cause this issue with erections? My energy is starting to come back since I upped my vitamin D and added iron.Can I take this supplement? I haven’t physically felt myself in a year. What you call anxiety I call frustrating
I extended for $30 and I’m not getting the information or answers.

I'm back online

what questions do you still have?

What I asked above.
- can low vitamin D cause my erection issue? Could there be side effects to having low vitamin D that caused permanent heart or vascular damage? I had an ekg last month and it was normal. I don’t wake up with erections.
- can I take that steel libido red for erections.
- is there a breathing mask I can wear to bed in case I’m not getting the proper REM sleep per night?

1)no it cannot

2)I wouldn't recommend any supplement without doctor supervision

3)did you get tested for sleep apnea?

I didn’t get tested for sleep apnea. I’m not over weight nor do I fall asleep randomly through out the day
Low vitamin d can’t hurt me cardiovascular wise?
Is there anything else I can ask to have done from my doctor in regards ***** *****?
I do have enlarged tonsils so I’m not sure if that plays a role for sleep apnea?

1)get a sleep study

2)no

3)sleep apnea can do it

How much are sleep studies? And can I buy a cpap mask?I’m getting weak erections through out the day so the mental desire is there.
Is a sleep study the only thing my doctor should look into.What about house mold? I haven’t been myself lately so I’m just asking. I need to get back to normal. I’m too young
What are signs of sleep Apnea ?
My fit bit States I get 10% rem sleep and 20-30% deep.

fit bit is not accurate

Can you give me some detail here. I’ve asked a lot of questions and am getting one word answers.
Currently I take:
- GNC mega man multi vitamin
- Half a BComplex 100
- vitamin d : 5-10,000 ius (was deficient per test on February )
- iron one a day
- magnesiumI don’t wake up with erections. I am not overweight. I do have enlarged tonsils but never seemed to be removed. I take my vitamins 4 hours after my synthroid in take.I did just have a testosterone and prolactin blood test.Is there anything I should be tested for?Before all this my erections were great. Sex life was great. Energy was great. Fitness and endurance.That all has not returned with a new tsh of 2.30 and normal t4 to t3.
The mental interest is there but the physical isn’t processing what the mental wants.

why are you taking so many vitamins?
there is no reason

vitamins can be harmful if you don't need them especially iron

Because I’m not been feeling better.

That doesn't mean you should be taking vitamins you don't need

I need to take vitamin D.
I’ve always taken a multi.
I will not take iron anymore.

those two are fine

multi probably isn't needed

Then what could be the cause of my erection issue

I'm not 100% sure I think stress and anxiety has to do with it

What two are fine?
We’ll from what I told you , I’ve been euthyroid since mid February. Does it take patients long to recover from symptoms?
Can I take this supplement called yohimbin? For erections?
stop taking iron and take multi and vitamin d?

I'm having a hard time responding to several questions in a row.

lets go one by one

the MVI and vit D are fine but I don't think you need a MVI

Ok. Thank you. I’ve only been taking iron now for 2-3 weeks act 27 MG a day. IS that excessive? I’ll cut that out.
to my erections: will I just never feel the same again being on synthroid ? Am I permantely damaged? This has been frustrating.Why is it that you’ve seen patients never return back to normal even after hypothyroid treatment to euthyroid?
Hello?

there is absolutely no reason to take iron

you are young and not deficient

Thank you I’ve stopped.Before hypo diagnosis , if anything I thought I’d be hyper. Before all these symptoms I was in great shape and always sexually functioning, even on nights I was tired from the week. I never had issues mentally or psychology.I’m too young to have these arousal issues. Could it be the hypothyroid symptoms or vitamin D hanging on and taking a while to subside?

I suppose it is possible

sometimes people never come back to normal after thyroid issues

Can you please elaborate on that? Why do people never bounce back?I mean I’ve dieted, cut out gluten, eating thyroid healthy foods daily. Pushed through with exercising. I mean. It’s not like I’m not trying my best to push through and get better. I just am frustrated it’s not working.I’m 29. I have no enjoyable sex life.
Like I’m not waking up with erections. Is there anything I can take? My workouts are not that good.
Could hypo have given me heart disease?

I mean they never feel right again

like something is off

Like permanent ED? I mean I want to have kids some day
I know you said I shouldn’t be taking iron but the dizziness and headaches stopped when I was taking it.
I’m also very young to have ED and feeling drained. I’m not sure if there is anything over the counter that can help me ? Or any additional testing ? My wbc and RbC counts are good.
Doc,Any answer here? I paid for the extension and not getting detail.
I do feel a nagging pressure between the anus and scrotum. I’m not sure if it’s an injury or prostate? I mean when I think about sex I get some reaction but definitely not a full erection.
I do work out so could I have hurt my perenium ? And could that be causing issues with erections ?

I am having trouble with so many questions at once

How do I get a refund then ? Do you see the questions I’m asking ?

just contact customer service. thanks

You can’t answer what I’m asking above?
1. 29 with ED symptoms. I have a soreness between the scrotum and anus. Wondering if it’s prostate related or perenium injury ?2. Heart disease ?3. Testosterone and prolactin came back today. Test was 515 I believe, down from the 668 in November. Prolactin was a 14.9Please answer. Thank you

1)it could be prostatitis

sometimes long term antibiotics and NSAIDs are needed for this

at least 4-6 weeks

2)unlikely at your age

3)Those are normal. Doubtful related to pituitary or testicular malfunction

I didn’t have any other prostate symptoms though like blood in urine or need to urinate frequently.1. What is an NSAID ?2. What could have caused my testosterone to drop 150 points in less than a year?
1)like Morin or aleve
2)not sure. Usually testicular failure
should I be treated for the drop in testosterone
is 150 point drop a red flag ?

It is a red flag and I think treatment is reasonable

What can I take? My Endo said they’re not concerned

I wouldn't advise supplements without doctor supervision?

My Endo said he and the Nurse practitioner don’t see a concern as long as it’s from fluctuates in normal range. Would you test again ?

yes

Could itjust be a coincidence it dropped Bc of the day ? And is there’s a natural remedy to boost with foods and exercise ?

It could be

you may need another test to confirm

I'm not aware of any foods

Do yo agree with them it’s not a concern ?

Not yet

Could sleep affect it ?
IM sorry for all thes questions. I just haven’t felt normal in almost a year and it’s been painful.
How do they test for prostatis? I don’t see a doctor til May 22.
I paid money for this extension. What’s the answer here?
I can’t get an erection and I’m struggling with energy.
I went to have intercourse last night and it failed horribly.
Hello ?

sleep could affect it

prostatitis is hard to diagnose

usually it is a diagnosis based on exam

I’m sleeping well I just don’t wake up with erections.I’m only 29 and this has been on going for a year. When I was diagnosed with hypo that was the doctors saying it’s what it was causing it. Now that it’s persisting, I’m still having these problemsCan I permanently be impotent? My dating life is horrible with my sex life. I’m not as energetic as I used to be.
can I take anything over the counter?
This is affecting my job and life goals and how I live.

Clearly your mental anxiety over this is making it worse though

There’s wouldn’t be mental anxiety. I didn’t just dream this up one day when everything was perfectly fine.

I understand.

something triggered it and the anxiety is perpetuating it

What could have caused this? I think the Hypo triggered it. I’m euthyroid and follow all rules of taking it I can the morning with waiting 45 min to an hour before I eat or drink a coffee.My erections shouldn’t be fading.
I’m not anxious. I can sleep. I don’t have heart palpatations.

that is possible and maybe the anxiety about it is making it worse

you are anxious

I can see that

I’m frustrated Bc I don’t have my energy or erections back. I was a 5 day a week work out type of guy. Lean and toned. With a high sexy drive.None of that is present. I don’t wale up with erectuona either.
Plus I’ve been feeling like this for a year now. It’s very frustrating.

have you pursued treatment for anxiety/mental stress?

NO Bc that’s won’t fix my issue. I don’t have Ave anxiety attacks
I don’t wake up with erections. I don’t have nerves. I don’t panic.
I’m frustrated due to this ailment.
MY ask is:1. Is this permanent?
2. What could be causing this? Prostatis? Can I take colladial silver water?
3. What can I take over the counter that’s safe?
4. Can my hypothyroid and vitamin D symptoms still persist even though I’m eithyroid?
CAN I please get some answers here.

1)I don't know

2)I think it is anxiety/mental stress

3)I wouldn't really recommend anything

4)Not likely

it’s permanent
What’s the physical issues that can be present.
You keep labeling mental with tunnel vision towards what could be physical.
I don’t have anxiety attacks. And I know it’s physical bc I should be waking up with strong erections.

No it is not permanent necessarily

Can you please elaborate? I want my life back to normal and have kids some day. It absolutely sucks being a 29 year old male without the sexual ability.
The reason I keep asking is bc your answers are short with no explanation. I’m not an expert. I need some things explained to me in detail.

There are a few reasons my answers are short but mainly because we have covered the same questions repeatedly. I think if you look back you will see.

I think you need to really take a hard look at the mental aspect of what is taking place here.

Maybe the thyroid issues started it but it is being perpetuated by the mental stress of this

If you weren't anxious you wouldn't be asking me these questions repeatedly

My anxiety and frustration are brought on by physical aspect. I did not hope for this so yeah. If I can use my mind as a super power I’d love for it to be fixed.What are the physical ailments that can be checked?
I ask repeatedly bc if it’s mental I would have it fixed by now

I've been doing this long enough that I can tell when there is a physical issue and when there is a strong mental component

In this case, there is a strong mental aspect

My mental component is due to my physical. I know my body.
What I’m asking for is an assessment. What physical causes May be underlying in my age ?

Let me ask a different way

what percent of your day is spent thinking about this?

Let me put this in perspective. Every night when I go to bed I tell my self this will work itself out tomorrow. Nightly.I go to bed with my girlfriend and nothing is functioning properly. So yes, after I fail miserably in the bedroom or don’t wake up I ask questions and wonder what it could be.
to reiterate. Mentally I want it to happen. I try thinking about sexually activity during work. And nice response. And none when i get intimate ether.

You didn't really provide an answer to that

what percent of the day

I haven’t thought about it lately but yeah if I don’t wake you with them it bothers me.
My one question though. I slept better and felt recharged after a nights sleep out of town when I was on s business trip.Could there be an issue with my current living space? Dust , mold, etc. that could be causing fatigue and Ed?
I know it’s sounds off put but I mean I don’t dust often in my place but odd I felt better out of my own apartment for two nights.

No this is not possible in my opinion

Well I just tried sex with my girlfrien. I achieved an erection but it went away. There has to be something off.
I’ve had more energy to workout in the past week or so. The sexual issues still remain
I???
Hello.