Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I still have symptoms on and off of a warm face. I could…

I still have symptoms on...
I still have symptoms on and off of a warm face. I could feel normal and then all of a sudden it will feel as if it's burning up. I never break into an actual sweat. I feel fine otherwise. Any insight ? Could this be flu warning signs ?
3/20/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist

Welcome to JA and thanks for requesting me. As we discussed previously, this can be a viral infection which does include the flu. However, there are many viral infections which can cause mild fever up to 100F. Secondly, I would recommend that you measure your temperature on a regular basis and see if you are experiencing a fever or not. If there are no other symptoms then I would consider this as being a minor viral infection which will fade over 7-14 days.

Just measure the temperature and monitor yourself for other symptoms like a cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, stuffy nose etc and if they develop, then have it evaluated by visiting your doctor. In the meantime start using OTC Tylenol at a dose of 1 g 2-3 times daily.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Thank you

You are welcome!