Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 33 and at a loss with my health. I just had my thyroid…

Customer Question
Hello, I am 33...

Hello, I am 33 and at a loss with my health. I just had my thyroid checked. My THS is 1.85 and my free T4 is .98. Current symptoms are always tired, gained weight over the last 2 months with no changes to diet (my clothes don't fit stuff that was fitting in January don't fit now), My depression and anxiety have been worse. Hot flashes and night sweats. When my doctor called to give me the results she said all is good just try going vegan. I am tired of feeling like crap. Any idea of where to go from here would be great.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?

Weight gain. Not not realy excessively thirsty but have been drink more

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on a gluten free diet for celiacs.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
I have been working out 5 days a WK hitting 10000 steps most days 30-hr walking plus weights 2-3 times a week for 2 months and did not even loss a lb.
3/16/2018
Endocrinologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. Can you upload the results of your all recent blood tests please?
2. Are you urinating more than previously and are you drinking more than what was your normal before all the symptoms started?
3. Is there any family history of thyroid problems or Diabetes?
4. Did they check your vitamin D levels?
5. Are you have any rash or joint pains?
6. Are you running any chronic temperature lasting for more than few weeks... Low grade fever which will make you very tiresome?
7. On 24 hour dietary recall, can you let me know what are all the foods that you eat from morning to night before retiring to bed?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Not going to the bathroom more then normal.Drinking moreFamily history of bothVit D is low not sure how low been a while since tested.Joints do hurt off and on.Egg/sausage/gf toast
Homemade chicken salad, carrots, crackers
Chicken, potatoes and veggies
Snacks: veggies and ranch
1 Sprite and about 64 oz of water which is more then normal. I'm normally ok with around 32 and don't feel thirsty.
Hi... I have gone through all the tests you have uploaded. I thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From detailed symptom analysis and also keeping in mind the labs which you have uploaded (which are very much normal), I feel that you are not having any major problem or major health concern.You need to cut down on non vegetarian diet and increase high fibre diet and vegetarian diet more. I suggest that you are already doing good amount of exercise and please keep it up.
Avoid carbonated beverages.
As your Vitamin D been low, if you have not been treated for this, I suggest that you take vitamin D 60000 International units once per week (preferably on a Sunday for easy remembrance) for 8 weeks consistently. Vitamin D is a very good immunomodulating agent and you would be surprised that many of your symptoms might settle with single magic drug supplement.All the non specific pain symptoms which you are having and especially the tiredness maybe in itself be because of vitamin D deficiency state." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Thank you
I am happy that my interaction has being helpful for you.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani