Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I didn't see any GI docs so I picked Endocrinology. So - my…

I didn't see any GI...
I didn't see any GI docs so I picked Endocrinology. So - my hubby and I BOTH have GI symptoms after eating peanuts - dry roasted - in the shell. From the same bag of peanuts. Brand name Hines. Both of us got bad nausea and liquid diarrhea.
WHAT could we have? WHAT do we need to be tested for. This is still going on - for 2 days now, although getting better. Less diarrhea, but still waves of nausea.
PS: I did report it to Brookshires. They wanted the empty bag, but I had already thrown it in the trash, and it was picked up.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2018
drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is likely to be contaminated dry roasted peanuts. This may have caused food poisoning or viral gastroenteritis.

The peanuts can be cultured (a test to grow the organisms) to confirm the diagnosis.

Very rarely both of you may be allergic to the contents.

The initial treatment is;

1) PeptoBismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is vigorous.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

As a subscription customer you are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

God bless.

drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor