Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

I wanted to know what are the symptoms of a blocked artery…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I wanted to...
Second opinion] I wanted to know what are the symptoms of a blocked artery in the neck.
Submitted: 13 days ago.Category: Endocrinology
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
This is the second time this problem has happened to me it feels as if something is clogged or blocked on the left side of my neck and it is difficult for me to swallow.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2018
Endocrinologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 13 days ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

With a blocked artery in the neck you would have episodes of vision loss or fainting spells.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
I have loss of balance and I fainted once last month.
it would make sense that it might be a blockage. You can have an ultrasound done to look for a blockage.
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD