Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnoised with sclerderma of the esphogas, have…

Customer Question
I have been diagnoised with...
I have been diagnoised with sclerderma of the esphogas, have had 3 halo treaments for barrett's esphogas. In 2009 my colon quit working for no reason, there was no cancer but my colon still was removed. This was prior to the diagnois of sclerderma. In your opionion do you think the colon issue could have been sclerderma.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
1/7/2018
Endocrinologist: DocPhilMD, Internist replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Absolutely it could have been

as you know, scleroderma basically causes fibrosis of tissues

if the colon just stopped working it had to be the scleroderma

I'm very sorry about this

could the scleroderma be the reason they have an issue starting an IV? It seems of be hard to get the needle in. I have heard the nurse say I am a hard stick.

absolutely

the skin and veins fibrose too

just click send to reply

Dr Adi
Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor