Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

Will thyroid medication ALWAYS set the body back into

Customer Question
feeling ok as far as...
Will thyroid medication ALWAYS set the body back into feeling ok as far as internal body temperature is concerned. Example, feeling cold and then taking thyroid medication and body temperature getting better and the cold feeling goes away? Or can the body still feel cold. And if a person does not eat until the afternoon for their first meal, will taking thyroid medication resolve the person feeling cold, or will they still feel cold after taking thyroid medication simply because they have not eaten yet? In other words, the coldness was a result of not eathing a meal yet? So you know, I had a pastery around 3 am... :O and it is now 11:30am. I only had water with celtic sea salt at 9am and at 11 am i had a cup of pure raw hot chocolate with stevia and a little milk. (not a packaged mix but all pure ingredients) Will the chocholate drink raise my body temperature?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Endocrinology
1/5/2018
Endocrinologist: Dr. David, Other replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

cold feeling can be caused by many causes

low thyroid hormone levels is only one of the causes

blood testing for TSH and free T4 levels can see if you are low in your thyroid hormone levels

if you are low, then taking thyroid hormone medications will help

if you have other causes of feeling cold such as poor circulation, blood vessel spasms, then taking thyroid hormone medications will not help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I know if I have poor circulation? Or what are the other ways to identify why I’m cold? Is the coldness a result of not eating a meal yet?

your doctor can run testing for you, ultrasounds of your legs, angiograms.

not eating a meal can cause low blood sugar and feeling cold

after meals, blood can rush to your stomach and make you feel cold as well

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Does everyone feel cold when missing a meal?
Endocrinologist: Dr. David, Other replied 19 days ago

yes, it is normal to feel cold when you miss a meal.

Dr. David, Other