Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Im diabetic and my leg has been mum or asleep for four

Customer Question
Im diabetic and my...

Im diabetic and my leg has been mum or asleep for four hours. I am not able to check my sugar rigjt now. This has mot happened for this long before. What should i do?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Mild around the ankle. Not bad.just numbness

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Vericose veins in the kner of same leg. Ive been urinating ebery hour.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Endocrinologist: Doctor7860, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Doctor7860
Doctor7860, Doctor

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that this is a medical emergency and I would like you to visit emergency (A/E) soon as possible. It is important to investigate and rule out any blood flow obstruction in the leg due to clot formation & elevated blood sugar levels. It is vital to have evaluation and examination done by physician including doppler scan of leg, blood sugar levels urgently.

Let me know If you need any more information. Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you.

Kind regards

Dr. A Javed

Consultant Internal medicine