Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My ankles really ache when I’m in bed, do you know what

Customer Question
could cause this?...
My ankles really ache when I’m in bed, do you know what could cause this?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
12/17/2017
Endocrinologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in ankles when in bed can be due to various causes.

Its most common causes are:Plantar fasciitis(it is inflammation of the thick connective tissue on the sole of your foot that attaches to your heel),Prolonged standing,long journeys,venous insufficiency,varicose veins.

Other possibilities are: ankle sprain or arthritis.

You need following tests:

-X-ray scan
-A bone scan,
-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,

Following is recommended for you now:

• Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.
  • Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation
  • Apply analgesic gel such as diclofenac sodium twice a day
  • Have bed rest as much as possible.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the ankle pain persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Endocrinologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh