Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Burning sensation in the thoriac to chest. Fatigue Feeling…

Customer Question
Burning sensation in the thoriac...
Burning sensation in the thoriac to chest .
Fatigue
Feeling warm but no feverChest X-ray - clear
Spine X-ray - clear ( have to follow up with MRI )
Hormonal panel - good
Blood work - attachedBurning worse before menstrual cycle
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
12/5/2017
Endocrinologist: Dr. David, Other replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have these symptoms

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? severe anxiety can cause burning in the chest and chest pressure

bad acid reflux can cause burning in the chest area.

abnormal thyroid hormone levels can cause feeling warm all over. usually hyperthyroidism or high thyroid hormones can cause this.

I have now developed a sore throat with ear pain .. sight headach .. But I was feeling the need to burp constantly.. And now have the sore throat with ear pain . Of this is not a viral infection. What else could cause this ? I did have the hormone panel where the thyroid was tested .. Is there another test for thyroid ? These are most recent blood work ..

burping constantly is a sign your stomach is producing too much stomach acid.

excessive stomach acid can lead to acid reflux, heart burn, sore throat, sour taste in the throat and even ear irritation as the acid comes up into your throat at night time when you sleep.

you may need to change your diet

and use stomach acid reducing medications to help decrease stomach acid to help your symptoms

medications like prilosec (omeprazole) 20mg and zantac, (ranitidine) can help decrease stomach acid

let me know if you have questions.