Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Ive noticed that the right side of my face seems to be

Customer Question
either less developed, asymmetrical, or...
Ive noticed that the right side of my face seems to be either less developed, asymmetrical, or downshifted, with the most noticeable features being a smaller and puffier eye, plus increased mass around the cheek area. I've uploaded multiple angles of my face, if you could please assess the asymmetry and maybe give your opinion on why this has formed, and my options (facial exercises, surgery, etc.) and whether you believe the asymmetry is even that severe. I should also add I've had minor dental trauma and slept on the right side of my face for awhile when I was 16/17. thank you.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
picture
11/25/2017
Endocrinologist: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

There is slight asymmetry between right and left, puffiness above the right eye is the only real difference that I see. If it really bothers you, then a visit to a Dermatologist for possible injection around the left eye may be the answer. The difference is very slight and unless really studied, is not noticeable.

Have you had a doctor evaluate this for you?

I've seen an eye doctor, who found nothing to be medically wrong. Although I wouldn't want to puff my left eye, rather thin out the right one. Here are two side shots of my left and right side respectively, please let me know your thoughts regarding their asymmetry.

You may want to consider having your eyebrows shaped which would alter your appearance and reduce the asymmetry without the need for injections or any type of surgery. I understand that to you the cosmetic appearance is great but to the casual observer, there is so slight a difference that it is not really noticeable.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.