Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I just want to ask the signs and symptoms of goiter. I

Customer Question
noticed that there's problem with...
I just want to ask the signs and symptoms of goiter. I noticed that there's problem with my neck specially the front part. I guess it got bigger.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
11/20/2017
Endocrinologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you happen to have a picture that you could upload of your neck?

I actually don't have a picture of it. I was able to consult a doctor before and they run a test. They said that I don't have a goiter but they didn't recommend any medicine.

That's good that they didn't see a goiter, that's a good sign.

Usually the symptoms would be of course an enlarged neck and slight pain in the front of the neck.

You could also notice weight gain or weight loss depending on the thyroid level.

Usually heart palpitations and hot and cold sensation can be experienced as well.

Endocrinologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo