Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Arun if available. I have had some recent bloodwork with the…

this is for Dr Arun...
this is for Dr Arun if available. I have had some recent bloodwork with the following MCV 99, RDW 16.1(slightly elevated),
White blood cell and red blood cell count normal.Is this significant and does it mean my liver is failing. I take a lot of B12 and vitaminB. Please help I am very concerned
11/17/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

can I help?

I have had some recent bloodwork with the following MCV 99, RDW 16.1(slightly elevated),

This doesn't appear bad at all

do you have a copy of the labs?

Dont know how to send to you, Can send any specific parameter. everything else appearwd normal. any other parameter might help you. Is the 16.1 significantly high enough to be of concern. Are there any other parameters that would ind icate livwe failure. AST is 41 and ALT is 51

If your WBC and RBC are normal this is absolutely nothing to worry about

You are fine

i am finished with this report and would like to rate the doctor with five stars. Can I do this for Dr. Arun. Please advise and provide method

Yes, please rate 5 stars. Thanks

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist