Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

Phil. I asked you a question some time ago about why I felt

This question is for Dr...
This question is for Dr. Phil. I asked you a question some time ago about why I felt so much better when I was on prednisone. I was concerned because it was such a dramatic difference in how I felt so much better. At that time you suggested that I could have allergies. I went to a Dr. who is a board certified pulmonologist, a board certified allergist, and a board certified internist. I thought that since he was licensed in 3 areas that he could really help get to the bottom of what was going on with me. He did an allergy test. Everything came up negative. Yet I am still having a psoriasis flare up and an asthma flare up. He tested my lung capacity. It was very good. The one thing he did find is that I have a deviated septum and he thinks I have had a sinus infection for about 6 months. He also suspects I could have psoriatic arthritis, even though he said I am young for arthritis. He sent me for a CAT scan of my sinuses. I have an appointment to review the scan with him on Tuesday. If I do have a chronic sinus infection he said I might need to go on 4 weeks of antibiotics but that the treatment really will depend on the findings in the scan. My question is what kinds of treatments are there for psoriatic arthritis and chronic sinus infection? Do the benefits of getting my septum operated on outweigh the disadvantages and how likely is it that my septum will go crooked again? I’m just trying to get an idea of what some effective treatments will be.
11/12/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Dr. Phil here.
I think he is right about the arthritis

that is possible

Also, the septum should be fixed

fixing that plus the chronic sinusitis will make you feel a lot better

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. What are the options for treating my sinuses in addition to having my septum fixed? Also how is psoriatic arthritis treated?

1)for the sinuses, really the long term antibiotics and maybe a steroid with it is really the only option

I would go with that

2)psoriatic arthritis is usually treated with immune suppressant agents like methotrexate or humira

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist