Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 9mm nodule on my thyroid. also my voice is raspy…

Customer Question
I have a 9mm...

I have a 9mm nodule on my thyroid. also my voice is raspy and my throat has been hurting for months. I thought it was swollen glands. My Doctor referred me to a surgeon not sure what is next.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

A few months and it showed up on an unrelated CT Scan in October. I had another unrelated CT scan in July but it was not present.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a heart patient and the unrelated CT Scans have been for small nodules on my lungs.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
11/9/2017
Endocrinologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Have you had an ultrasound examination of the neck and fine needle aspiration biopsy of the thyroid to know the cause of the nodule? If this has not been done then this would be the next step. This will give your doctor the diagnosis of the type of nodule that you have. In most individuals, such a nodule is benign and harmless. However, further testing is required to rule out a serious cause for the nodule. You should also have a blood test to know your thyroid hormone level. A referral to an Ear Nose and Throat surgeon will be a better option in your case considering your symptoms.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.