Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

About a month ago I became sick to my stomach and vomited

just a bit of food...
About a month ago I became sick to my stomach and vomited just a bit of food but most of what came out was gas, gas and more gas. Later my stomach became bloated and still more gas then the tummy was sore to the touch, especially in the middle between belly button and sternum.I saw the DR and he X-rayed and said "GAS AND POOP" and gave me Linzess to rid my colon of the stuff. It worked well for a couple of days then I got diarrhea. The DR then had an ultra sound done that seemed to show a mass between the belly button and sternum so off I went for a CT which showed.... NOTHING AMISS. A stool sample was rendered with the results showing NOTHING yet I continue to have discomfort in the bowel area and while I have normal B.M.s sometimes they are small and hard pill like forms. My regime right now is stool softeners and probiotics. Any ideas what could be causing this and what to do about it would be appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to add, after eating, I constantly burp. This is gas to the max.
11/7/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what other meds do you take?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nature-Thryod 143. daily baby aspirin: hydrocholorizde 25 mg: statin 10 mg: lotenson 5 mg.

any new ones?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn't see this question right away. Sorry.

do you have a history of IBS?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My DR did mention that once
Would that cause the symptoms I am having?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The DR that told me IBS was a different one than I'm seeing now.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have a habit of asking a few questions then disappearing and I don't know whether to wait or ask for a different DR. What happens. Do I not answer quickly enough, sometimes I have to leave the computer? I always give you 5 stars but wonder, when you delay, if I am supposed to go about my business then check back later or what.

Yes, I'm sorry. I got busy with patients

IBS would absolutely cause this.

the gut bacteria are making a lot of gas

a probiotic might help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you and I am taking one by Renew Life called Ultimate Flora that is supposed to be good. Any other ideas on how to handle this. I'd really like to feel better.

Try the FODMAP diet

http://www.fodmapliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Stanford-University-Low-FODMAP-Diet-Handout.pdf

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist