Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have abdominal, back and pain for a month. I feel a little…

I have abdominal, back and...
I have abdominal, back and testical pain for a month. I feel a little nausea when try to exersice. I just had blood work done and my Testosrone level are low. (29 year old male)
Can it be this cause if my pain?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/11/2017
drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What did your medical imaging like ultrasound or CT scan show?

Urine test shows no blood.The testicular ultra sound show normal other then the vein is a little enlarged. The blood supply is normal.The CT scan showed simple cyst on kidneys. Fatty liver but the doctor say shouldn't cause pain. See no signs of hernia, inguinal or otherwise.I have read that hypothyroid can cause abdominal pain in rare occasion but my t4 is higher than normal.Please check the hormone panel test on the image I send you.
The FSH, LH, Total testosterone, and free testosterone are all lower then average.

Yes, these hormones are low. You should consult an endocrinologist as your pituitary screening may be needed.

Also your parathyroid hormone scan and parathyroid hormone screening should be done.

These hormones should not cause abdominal pain and testes pain.

Parathyroid hormone causes subtle abnormality in calcium metabolism which can form very tiny concretions which may not be seen by the medical imaging. This can be responsible for abdominal pain, testes pain and also the abnormal hormonal investigations. You need to be also tested for 24 hours urine for oxaluria and calciuria for the further work up.

It is privilege assisting you.

I understand thank you

You are very welcome.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor