Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My Daughter was diagnosed with a benign mass the size 5 cm.

Customer Question
My Daughter was diagnosed with...
My Daughter was diagnosed with a benign mass the size 5 cm. across the left lobe of her Thyroid. Bethesda category 2. Her thyroid TSH was normal. the Right side had sever small nodules.
they want to remove half of the thyroid. The biopsy was a simple in office procedure and the blood testing was very basic. what other tests could she have done to have a more thorough diagnosis.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Endocrinology
9/20/2017
Endocrinologist: Dr K, MD replied 11 months ago
Dr K
Dr K, MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. nothing. She's already had a biopsy which is the definitive diagnosis. It doesnt matter if it was an office procedure. A 5 cm mass needs to be excised. There's no other choice.
Are the test to discover what the causes so there is not a repeat a
She's already had the test. Its a biopsy. The removal of half the thyroid is required to remove a mass of this size. There are no other options