Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have bad PVC's off an on, they were going to do an

Customer Question

I have bad PVC's off an on, they were going to do an ablation in June but they calmed down and said the ablation works best when having a bunch. Had not had that many and two after attending a very loud Bruno Mars concert with a lot of bass and in from section, started having a ton, and the bigemy and couplets. They have since calmed down. I went in and found out for Free t3 and t4 were low, I have hashimotos and have had it for years and they upped my thyroid med. I asked my doctor is low T3 could cause the PVC he said no, my internal doctor, but I read that t3 regulates the heart and low t3 levels can cause heart palpitations?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

OK

In fact it is not T3 or T4 specifically but it is the relationship as well as TSH.

What was your TSH when you got these readings?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My TSH is suppressed from meds and they don't use that to check my free t3 and free t4, my endocrinologist says it is the best way to measures thyroid levels, the free t3 and free t4, and TSH is outdated alone. I have also read this online. I have my free t3 and free t4 checked every 2-3 months, and prior to this summer, on my meds, both have been in a good range, then in June they dropped.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

So you did not have the TSH checked along with the T3 and T4?

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Have you had adrenal and sex hormone testing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I have hashimotis and lupus and CVID, have for years, can you tell me if low T3 can cause heart palps? or if the loud base could affect them, and why are you asking about sex hormones and adrenal?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They did check my TSH but it is suppress which happened on thyroid meds, especially cytomel.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

It is supposed to be suppressed. But there is a wide range of normal suppression, from .3 to 4.5.

Do you know the value?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is completely suppressed like .05 has been for 15 years.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they use actual free t3 and free t4 to measure levels, are you an enodcronolgist?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my TSH never changes, and is always between .5-.8 whether my free 3 and free t4 are high or low.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My doctors think perhaps this is due to long term steriods and cytomel suppressing it. I have been checked for pituitary tumor years ago.If you can not answer this, I have someone I ask on here usually and you could open this up and I could see is Dr. Love is available?