Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

If I've had a hole on the underside of my foot for a while

Customer Question

If I've had a hole on the underside of my foot for a while that doesn't heal over, doe I see a podiatrist or an endocrinologist?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It's been awhile since I've been to a foot doctor but I don't think I had this problem then so it's been several years. I'm on several medications- do you need all the names or conditions?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take a water pill for BP, I'm on gabapentin for foot neuropathy which I've had for years (before being declared diabetic which I take metformin for), cholesterol meds, primidone for hand tremors, & lately topiramate to supposedly prevent migraines.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: The hole in the foot symptoms? It just stays the same, seeping all the time, stinking, too.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Is your diabetes uncontrolled?

Since how many years you have diabetes?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Yes,you need to consult podiatrist.

The symptoms you have described of having hole/ulcer on the underside of foot that does not heal over is most likely due to diabetic ulcer.

Foot ulcers are a common complication of poorly controlled diabetes.Following can cause diabetic foot ulcers:poor circulation,high blood sugar (hyperglycemia),nerve damage,irritated or wounded feet.

A podiatrist will normally examine, clean and dress the ulcer regularly.He may need to remove any hard skin that prevents the ulcer from healing.If there is any pus,that may need to be drained. Antibiotics are usually prescribed.

Blood sugar always need to be under control & within limits.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your Podiatrist for clinical examination then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?