drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor
Experience:  Do adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid surgery regularly.
5625079

Any tell tale signs, symptoms and examples of thyroid

Customer Question

Any tell tale signs, symptoms and examples of thyroid problems in male 37 years old
I have irrational weight gain
I also have gynecomastia
Slight but still noticeable to me
What other symptoms can I have and shoild look our for any examples you can give th at I can maybe identify as yes I have these symptoms?i going for follow up but I just want to ask questions I can't ask won't be able to ask tomorrow
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  drphophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Apart from thyroid, you should have other hormonal estimation too like prolactin, testosterone, estradiol, insulin levels. There are no classical signs of thyroid. So just on the basis of your symptoms; it is too difficult to predict the diagnosis. Thus only blood work up, can give you the concrete clues to the diagnosis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He said my t3 t4 was low not too low tho .04 instead of .045 and my tsh was too much
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Was at my doxtor today for foloow up he drew blood again i had blood results from last time but i think I left them with my doctor by mistake(my copy)I ask not cause I worried but cause I'm hoping this what it is due to fact I feel horrible lately very strange on ways I can't explain, but im healthy aside from a few minor deficiencies ,as far as test results stated and doctor told me but I got slight gynecomastia which is not like me and I also like 36 sounds over weight according to bmi index again stragenly due to fact I not eating unhealthy I walking quite a bit etc l

An high TSH point to hypothyroidism (low thyroid). This can explain your weight gain and BMI. Your doctor may determine by values of free T3 and free T4 to start a thyroid supplement.

But since you have gynecomastia, other hormonal assessment too would be advised. Thyroid abnormality is unusual to cause gynecomastia. A low testosterone or high estradiol or both can be responsible for it and contribute to your overall symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

As a subscription customer you are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/