Dr K
Dr K, MD
Experience:  Board certified, experience in thyroid disease and diabetes
65718478

My T level is really low and my doctor is suggesting T

Customer Question

My T level is really low and my doctor is suggesting T replacement therapy. However I'm not sure if I should do it as we are planning to start a family next year. I'm 27y old and otherwise pretty healty without any known health issue.Can you please review my lab report and give some recommendation? Can it be a temporary low T thing?
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Few more question-
1. Can low T affect quality of erection? Lately I'm noticing weak erection during intercourse and also every morning.
2. Is it possible to naturally correct this ? Should I be too worried about my fertility?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

Your testosterone levels are slightly low but you should not worry as such as the replacement therapy will make you allright.The therapy is given for a few months till the time the body's natural system is optimised and starts producing the normal levels of testosterone.The low levels of testosterone affects sperms and cause weak erection and low libido.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you

Expert:  Dr K replied 4 months ago.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought Dr. RK's response wasn't detailed enough. I would also like to get some feedback on my lab report. My LH/FSH is normal/low but T is also low. Doesn't it mean that my pituitary gland isn't signalling my body to create more T? If I take T therapy then I don't understand how it solves the underlying cause. Is it possible to stimulate pituitary to correct the feedback mechanism so that I can naturally produce more T?
Expert:  Dr K replied 4 months ago.
Testosterone fluctuates greatly during the day and from day to day. I would see a urologist and get a semen analysis. If its fine I would not do anything at all. Taking testosterone could actually make things worse.