DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor. Years of experience with diabetes, both conventional treatments and diet treatments.
24257177

Im a 21 year old who had graves and 1.5 years ago had my

Customer Question

Im a 21 year old who had graves and 1.5 years ago had my thyroid radiated. Since then my medicine has never been right. Got labs done 3 days ago and would like recommendation.TSH 5.160 range is 0.450-4.50
T3 2.8 range is 2.0-4.4
T4 1.54 range is 0.82-1.77At this time at labs I'm on 224 of synthroid M-sat and sundays 112 of synthroid
Also, 3 cytomel = 15 mgI was on 25 mg of cytomel but it made me have too much anxiety so I went down to 3 cytomel. I'm confused on what my doctor recommended.He recommended yesterday after seeing my labs that I stay on 224 of synthroid 7 days a week and keeping 3 cytomels. Am I taking too much T4? My T4 is high and he had said at one point I'm not a good converter.Let me know your recommendation.P.S., Morning of labs I had only taken my synthroid I always take cytomel after labs.Thank you
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 6 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. Thank you for using our services. I am here to answer questions for education and information.

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 6 months ago.

You are still, technically somewhat hypothyroid.

If you don't have symptoms, I would leave things as they are.

What does your endocrinologist say?

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you.

If you are stable, I would leave this as it is.

If you still have signs of hypothyroidism, I would increase the Sunday dose.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, please click a positive on the rating scale at the top of the page [we are paid based on positive ratings.].

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My question is my T4 is high so do you think I'm being overmedicated on synthroid
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 6 months ago.

The T4 is not high.

Check the lab range.

No, I do not think you are being over medicated.

One has to look at the TSH and symptoms, clinically speaking.

please click a positive on the rating scale at the top of the page [we are paid based on positive ratings.].

Thanks