Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

I have had hashimotos for 6 years and have been treated with

Customer Question
synthroid. I also had...
I have had hashimotos for 6 years and have been treated with synthroid. I also had several nodules that we watched and some new over this time period. After several a suspicion report came back, I had the left side and nodules removed 5 weeks ago. One nodule can back as cancer. They dr. feels it was contained and no treatment is needed. No increase in my meds. I am have a few side affects: Trouble sleeping, my period is two weeks over due, hair loss and dry skin.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Going next week. I have had hoshimotos and even if my numbers are not off, I know when I need to change my meds by how I am feeling. Could the removal of the left side cause my delay in period. i am 48 and no I could not be pregnant. LOL
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take 75 mg of synthroid. I have been healthy beside the thyroid issues.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Endocrinology
11/21/2016
Endocrinologist: DocPhilMD, Internist replied 1 year ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Is your calcium normal?

what was your last TSH?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not gotten my numbers back yet

Your thyroid is most likely off after this surgery

It will need to be adjusted for sure.

is this what you wanted to know?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could my over due period and lack of sleep being caused by the surgery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No answer?

Sorry I had to go away from my computer for a second

Yes, absolutely

if the thyroid is off, it can cause both of those issues

and the surgery could most certainly cause the thyroid to be off

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions just reply

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist