Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

Type 1 diabetic on humalog insulin via minimed pump.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Endocrinology
10/20/2016
Endocrinologist: DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DIEGO BONILLA

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla. I understand your concerns.

Humalog and Novalog are both rapid acting insulin with the same peak and time of action. There is no difference on the way they work. Please leave a positive rating.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I understand they are not exactly the same type of insulin as humalog is insulin lispro and novalog is insulin aspart. Is it possible for them to act differently in different people?

They have the same mechanism. In theory they should act the same. However some people can be resistant to one or the other. Thanks for your positive rating.

DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor