How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Internist
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 55500
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have hyperparathyroidism and osteoporosis. I am having

Customer Question

I have hyperparathyroidism and osteoporosis. I am having involuntary muscle and whole body jerks like seizures. Calcium 9.8. And PSH. 141.6. I live in rural.Mississippi. I have been given an appointment for end of September with Endocrinologist. I have made contact with The Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa Florida. What is your best recommendation as to best course of appears I need a Surgeon and the sooner the better.But first how can I know if I had damage from taking Lithium for a few years back 15 years ago. My Thyroid WAS damaged because of the Lithium and I now have nodules on my Thyroid again. Please advise. ***@******.***. Thanks so much.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for this question

you need your thyroid, magnesium and phosphorus checked right away

this can all get out of whack with hyperparathyroidism