Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Have experience of Endocrinology over the last 3 years
22950887

My wife needs b12 injections can a novopen be used to inject

Customer Question

My wife needs b12 injections can a novopen be used to inject the b12
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry to hear about your wife. Well i would not recommend that you empty a novopen and use it to inject vitamin B12. Simply because that would be unsterile way to inject B12 and can lead to development of infections in the body. Novopen are designed to inject insulin subcutaneously and B12 should either be injected intramuscularly or directly into the vein. It can be given subcutaneously but that is not the recommended route of administration. I would recommend that if she needs B12, take her to your doctor or the urgent care center and have them do it for you. Dont use the novopen.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? Any other questions?