How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Other
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 46332
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received my results and my testosterone level was

Customer Question

I just received my results and my testosterone level was 121. I'm 36 years old. Is this something I can increase by losing weight and increasing muscle mass and getting more sleep? Or is it so low probably testosterone treatment the way to go?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see an endocrinolgoist to get your LH and FSH levels checked.

if your LH and FSH levels are high, then it is your testicles which are failing to produce testosterone.

if your LH and FSH levels are low, then there is something wrong with your pituitary gland in your brain.

you should work on dieting and loosing weight and exercising

but you do need to get more testing

and seeing an endocrinologist would be a good idea for these tests.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using