How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 11267
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Few weeks, I was enjoying my food too much and ate a

Customer Question

For a few weeks, I was enjoying my food too much and ate a lot of spicy foods, ice cream, fatty halal meats, and probably in excess of 3,000 calories a day. I wasn't eating much junk food per se, but was really eating good.Anyway, of late I am having dull pain sensations in the stomach everytime I eat food and smoke cigarettes... it seems to get better if I go a stretch without eating but doesn't seem to go away entirely. My stomach feels enlarged and bloated. I'm about 5'10 230 lbs with a decent muscle tone, but could afford to lose 10-15 lbs.I was diagnosed with short term pancreatitis in late 2013 after 2 days of heavy drinking, and was hosptialized for 3 days. The pain was extremely severe back then, liek a shark knife in the stomach. The first day of hospitalization I was allowed no food, the second day I was only allowed jello, and the third day and release I was allowed to eat fish.What is the situation here? Just some mild GI irritation? what are the recommendations? I've decided to cut out meat from my diet. Bread was another big trigger too, and I was eating a lot of bread.. I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, but even they seem to mildly trigger some sensation in the area. It's not too bad, but it's too a point where as I walk I feel discomfort and thinking about it. I'm thinking about going to Urgent care not because it's urgent, but just to get it done with quickly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.How many pack per day do you smoke?Do you drink a lot of booze?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.