How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 18452
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Primary Dr sent me a referral to a Endocrinologist because

Customer Question

My Primary Dr sent me a referral to a Endocrinologist because of small growth on my kidney can this cause hormonal changes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The majority of growths on the kidneys are not hormonally active, but there are some that can be. It is more common for hormonally active growths to occur on the adrenal glands that are above the kidneys. We actually see hormonally active cancers of the kidneys more often than we see hormonally active benign growths, but the usual approach to hormonally active cancers of the kidneys would be surgical removal, rather than referral to an Endocrinologist. If your doctor referred you to an Endocrinologist, then there is likely a reason that it is suspected to be hormonally active, but no concern that it is a cancer. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.