Endocrinology

Ask an endocrinologist. Get answers to endocrinology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a rf test done that came back at a 13 with a reference…

Customer Question
hi I had a rf...
hi I had a rf test done that came back at a 13 with a reference range of >=13 and a crp of 2.2 reference range of 2 what does that mean
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Endocrinology
1/20/2016
Endocrinologist: Dr. David, Other replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David

the normal range for rheumatoid factor is less than Less than 40-60 u/mL or less than Less than 1:80 (1 to 80) titer

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003548.htm

you most likely don't have rheumatoid arthritis.

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003356.htm

According to the American Heart Association, results of the hs-CRP in determining the risk for heart disease can be interpreted as follows:

You are at low risk of developing cardiovascular disease if your hs-CRP level is lower than 1.0 mg/L.

You are at average risk of developing cardiovascular disease if your levels are between 1.0 mg/L and 3.0 mg/L.

You are at high risk for cardiovascular disease if your hs-CRP level is higher than 3.0 mg/L.

so you are at average risks for developing cardiovascular disease.

do you smoke or are you overweight? these can increase your risks for cardiovascular disease.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have other questions?

Dr. David, Other