How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Other
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 45906
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Adi. Thank you available. My son just turned 17 years old.

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Adi. Thank you for being available.
My son just turned 17 years old. Healthy, beautiful, athletic; happy. He is 5.5 now and not growing. This is a big issue for him and it breaks my heart to see him unhappy and sensitive for this reason. Last year we visited an Endorcrinologist and was told that his plates in his wrist were just about closed. ( My son broke his wrist the year prior not sure if that would make a difference or not and three years prior he was in a dodge ball accident that split his liver in half but this is cured as well now. ) We were told about statistics which in my opinion believing in statistics is like giving up. I'm a believer that if there is a will there is a way and we want a way to help him grow taller . This is what he wants . His dad is 5.10 , and mom 5"2.5. All boys on moms side of family are over 6' . Dad's side 5'10ish. We are looking for an expert to assist us and know that time is of the essence. Can you advise us pl
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this is a good article for you

you can find a pediatric endocrinologist will to prescribe human growth hormone

it can be expensive as the article says. about 35K-45K a year.

you might have to continue to consult with pediatric endocrinologist to find one willing to prescribe it.

Dr. Desrosiers, director of pediatric endocrinology at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital in Orlando can prescribe it

there are potential risks for cancer or decrease length of life

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Related Endocrinology Questions