Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

Well my son 18 almost 19 and he is 5.5 and wants to grow

Customer Question

Well my son 18 almost 19 and he is 5.5 and wants to grow taller.Is there anything we can do
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

The ability of a person to still grow or not is dependent on the status of the bones. When the growth plates close, towards the end of puberty, there is no more growth. So, if your son has entered puberty at a regular time (10-13 years old), he likely has "closed" his bones and will no longer grow. If his puberty was very late, he may still have a little bit growth left, but not much.

I hope this answers your question.

Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If you have any further questions I'll be happy to address them. I no further questions please complete the rating step so this question can be closed. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer.