Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

I wanna discuss my wife case in detail with an expert. She

Customer Question
is taking ntroxine for past...
I wanna discuss my wife case in detail with an expert. She is taking ntroxine for past 13 years now. Cheers
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Endocrinology
9/24/2015
Endocrinologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Well She is consistently taking thyroxine(or ultorxine) regularly for past decade . The only difference is that based on 6 months TSH tests, doc advised to increase or decrease. So the fluctuation is from 100, 125 or 150 (rare).
Of course gradually she has gained wait and is now wait conscious.
Apart from above, no other paticular medcicine but she is worried lately as one doc told her that because of thyrpid she is prune to hear issues etc.
I would like to setup a call with you skype so you can interactive ask questions. She said is she continue taking untroxine rest of the life because surely there must be side effects. She said all docs she went just have one prescription for her whch is this medicine. She has gone for a complete test lab, if you like i can send detail reports.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD