How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Other
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 46959
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am taking Januvia and glipizide, but my blood sugar is

Customer Question

I am taking Januvia and glipizide, but my blood sugar is still elevated. I have kidney disease. What other oral drugs can I take besides metformin
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

Glucovance contained both glyburide and metformin but can cause low sodium levels and fluid retention.

you need to consult with an endocrinologist

you might need to go on insulin injections to help lower your glucose levels

you can try just Glyburide alone without metformin.

are you willing to consider insulin injections to help lower your blood glucose levels?

Janumet is an option but the sitagliptin has small risk for causing acute renal failure.