Endocrinology

Ask an Endocrinologist. Get Answers to Endocrinology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Endocrinology

This question is only hypertherical and does not relate to

Customer Question
any real person. If...
This question is only hypertherical and does not relate to any real person. If a 36-year-old man with extremely low bone density(12+ fractures including non-trauma vertebrae fractures) in constant chronic pain - if this hyperthetical man took anabolic steroids in doses like this:
Weeks 1 - 12 Testosterone enanthate or cypionate 600mg per week
Weeks 1 - 10 deca-durabolin 400mg per week
Weeks 1 - 6 Dianabol 30mg daily
Weeks 1 - 12 Arimidex 0.5mg every second day +monitor bloodwork throughout to ensure enough estrogen remains for bone health / building)
Week 13 - Nolva 20mg twice daily or Clomid 50mg twice daily
Week 14 - 16 Nolva 20mg a day or Clomid 25mg a day
HGH - 2iu a day throughout
If this hyperthetical man did this sort of "cycle" along with weightlifting and bearing exercises at intervals over medium term could he expect bone density increases to be significantly more than those mentioned in studies where subjects were given doses of anabolic steroids much lower(50mg Deca-Durabolin a week and nothing else)? Which sort of thing would likely see best outcome for hyperthetical man? Small "therapeutic" doses as given to subjects or a typical bodybuilder series of stacks in cycles and recoveries? Note - hyperthetical man has never taken steroids before and is only doing so to increase bone density but would like to increase core strength and stabiliser strength for injury prevention and recover some of his lost(muscle wastage) little lean mass for health reasons.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Endocrinology
7/10/2015
Endocrinologist: dr abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Ideally that man should check first his Testosterone levels to replace it accordingly because overdose of anabolic steroids can have side effects , as far as bone density is concerned , steroids are not the agents used to maintain bone density , there are drugs like Calcium , Vitamin D , Bisphosphonates , Calcitonin used to maintain bone mineral density .

So use of anabolic steroids should only be used along with other drugs if there is documented low levels of Testosterone is there .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

I'm sorry but I'm disappointed with your level of knowledge in your field. Anabolic steroids are indeed proven to significantly increase bone density and are approved for prescrition for this purpose by endocrinologists in some countries for hypothetical man's disease(osteoporosis). Hyperthetical man has read and looked at the detail of studies done on bone density increases gained from deca and compared test subjects' bone density increases and have even used the same ratio for muscle to calculate what 8 times 50mg might do for bone. Hyperthetical man knows bodybuilder and other athletes use similar amounts on a first "cycle" and can gain 20lbs of lean mass in a short time. Test subjects saw an average 2% bone density increase after a short 50mg a week decs cycle.When hyperthetical man had a thyroid malfunction he suffered years of muscle atrophy from hormonal symptoms and beibg in wheelchairs and immobilised in bed with fractures.
Hyperthetical man does not want to die an extremely long and drawn out and agonising death fracture by fracture and his team of specialists.By using different anabolic agents together bodybuilders maximise muscle mass gains and can usually avoid or deal with side effects and restore their body's ability to produce and maintain normal levels in between cycles.
Hyperthetical man cannot understand how you can say anabolics don't build up bone density...http://www.medibolics.com/DecaBone.htmHyperthetical man is an autodidact and doesn't pretend to understand endocrinology and hormones but this is basic stuff.

I am not denying their role but they are at down in list when we manage Osteoporosis .

Regards .

When endocrinologists prescribe anabolic steroids to people with osteoporosis the natural testosterone level is not considered. They prescribe anabolic steroids to increase their patients' bone density regardless of whether their natural testosterone level is high or low or normal. I doubt your qualifications and feel cheated.

Respected customer you mentioned about the body builders and use of anabolic steroids in that population , my concern was for them not pyrely regarding Osteoporosis .

As far as Testesterone is concerned they are not better studied as compared to medicine that I mentioned , Testosterone have shown ti improve bone density but this is fact that Ostoprosis medications are better studied to overcome issues of Osteoporosis Regards .

dr abid
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor