Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Work is forcing me to use PTO when they are requiring the

work is forcing me to use PTO when they are requiring the clinic to shut down...Is this legal in Arizona
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Manager
JA: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?
Customer: Salaried, right to work state
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Patrick and it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

Unfortunately, yes, it is legal, and a lot of employers are doing this right now. PTO is a discretionary fringe benefit which employers are not legally required to provide at all. Because of that, the law affords employers a lot of discretion with regard to how and when such time can, or must, be used.

I hope that you find this information helpful and I am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. If there is anything else I can do for you, just let me know. It's my pleasure.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications, and the information provided is not legal advice.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome. Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes.