Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I have a question about a subcontractors certified payroll

Customer Question

I have a question about a subcontractors certified payroll under the Davis-Bacon Labor standards. In the HUD Contractor's Labor Relations Desk Guide (LR01.DG) section 2-7 states that overtime is defined as anything in excess of 40 hours in any work week. This job is in California. The Prime Contractor on the job is telling my client (the subcontractor) that overtime is mandated to be paid for any work performed on Saturday or Sunday regardless of the time worked throughout the week. Does this seem right? Can you point me to any specific documentation (or tell me where to look on the contract) where it would state such a rule? Thank you in advance!
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 6 days ago.

My Name is Sean, I am an attorney. I will be happy to help. If you could please allow me a few minutes to review your question I would appreciate it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
any luck?
Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 5 days ago.
That is incorrect. It only kicks in after the 40 hours.