Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Are there ways to collect unemployment if you were not

Customer Question

Are there ways to collect unemployment if you were not fired? In other words, to care for a sick relative?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Eric. Y., Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is Eric. I am an attorney and can assist you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks, Eric.

Are you available to discuss this matter via 1 on 1 telephone call. It is very fact intensive to determine if you are eligible and a phone call is proper....

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's okay. I appreciate your time, though.

Ok. We can talk here.

What are the facts behind your separation from work?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am still working full-time, but I have a feeling my new boss, who clearly does not like me on a personal level, is trying to find a way to fire me. I am a librarian. I catalog materials for our online catalog so that students can access them. I am the first librarian to tackle cataloging electronic materials and I made a lot of mistakes at first. Mistakes I was the process of cleaning up when she called me into her office and told me that I would have no cataloging privileges for the entire spring semester. There are plenty of books here that need cataloging that I am extremely experienced in handling, but I'm afraid that, because I recently was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, she will claim I can't do my job.