Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

If I present a situation to you in regard to my wages and

If I present a situation to you in regard to my wages and the circumstances and ways they have changed can you tell me if any of the series of pay stints were illegal?

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

please go ahead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was earning around 10 an hour and had an extra responsibility added to my duties which cause three consecutive weeks of 6 to 10 hours overtime, after that, I was put on salary without an option, and consistently have had more added to where I average about 79 hours a week. on a salary. never any overtime compensation. job title is production control supervisor.
job duties are releasing production batches in a particular sequence to maintain lead times.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
should I be exempt from OT pay?
From these facts you should be paid overtime.
I can provide a list of options for you to consider. Would you like that information?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yes
Gladly.

1. A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreement. If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seek.
2. If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.
3. Report to labor board.
4. While we cannot represent customers, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options!
5. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.

If my reply is acceptable please reply “yes” or “acceptable” - that’s how I get credit by the site.

Happy holidays.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yes!