Employment Law

I own a Motel in reno, nv and am the sole proprieter with…

Customer Question
I own a Motel...

I own a Motel in reno, nv and am the sole proprieter with one employee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NV lawyer about this?

He is very rude to me cursing, sarcastic . and I'd like to get rid of him. I don't have an employee ... Read full answer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NV lawyer about this?

He is very rude to me cursing, sarcastic . and I'd like to get rid of him. I don't have an employee handbook

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have only verbally spoken to him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2019
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! Thanks for coming to the site. I am an attorney ready to answer your questions. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

You can get rid of an employee in NV for any reason and at any time. If he is rude, cursing and sarcastic, then you can terminate him. In fact, if you use the attached document, you can draft a written termination letter and deliver it to him. Just make sure that he gets it and you escort him out the same day.

Because I value your input, did you have any other questions about this that I can help out with:-)?

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
What can I do to report my boss for abuse and because I
Hello, what can I do to report my boss for abuse and because I believe she is trying to get me fired for no justifiable reasons? I have been working in an accounting, HR, and assistant management posi… read more
I have a question about a final warning write up I was put
I have a question about a final warning write up I was put on at work. I work as a cocktail server at a casino, and feel as though I am being targeted by managemnet. I have gotten several write ups an… read more
Employment lawyer,
I work in a rehabilitation center and for about 3 weeks now
I work in a rehabilitation center and for about 3 weeks now a male patient has been verbally very inappropriate with the way he talks to the staff. From the very beginning he was very rude and always … read more
Maverick
Maverick
Stop searching for answers—
My step-daughter (Yana) is a Russian Language Interpreter working
My step-daughter (Yana) is a Russian Language Interpreter working for a sub-contractor at Maynard Jackson International Terminal. Saturday night round 9:30 pm just past the end of her normal working s… read more
Partner,
I just went through an unemployment fact finding interview
I just went through an unemployment fact finding interview based on my being fired. The termination paperwork stated job performance. I read Virginia rules for eligibility and I was eligible. However,… read more
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
An employee under me has had a four year history of insubordination
An employee under me has had a four year history of insubordination and emotional abuse towards me with one expired written performance improvement plan, numerous undocumented verbal counselings, and … read more
Partner,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I run an auto repair shop in California. I dont have any employee
I run an auto repair shop in California. I don't have any employee handbooks or any policies written down. One of my employees has been habitually late... 5 - 25 minutes. I have spoken to him about th… read more
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
My daughter (15) was grabbed by a school employee and pulled
My daughter (15) was grabbed by a school employee and pulled to the ground. The employee snatched a bottle of water out of her hand and verbally accused my daughter of stealing the water while standin… read more
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq.
Managing Lawyer/Advocate,
my husband has worked for a company for the past seven years.
my husband has worked for a company for the past seven years. he does not have a contract or even an employee handbook with anything in writing concerning disaplinary actions. he is an over the road t… read more
Attorney,
I just started at this company one month ago. Every day, our
I just started at this company one month ago. Every day, our CFO is yelling at someone. The Office Manager told me (I am the HR Director) that this person (the CFO) is always verbally abusive. I'm new… read more
Partner,
I worked in the warehouse of a small company for 7 years without
I worked in the warehouse of a small company for 7 years without a single disiplinary action. The company has been going through some financial hardships and the owner decided that changes needed to b… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
I dont know what my next step should be but I believe that
I dont know what my next step should be but I believe that I may have a case for wrongful termination. I worked for a company for 6 years. Last year the husband and co owner of the company began to do… read more
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom
Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, BSBA
Stop searching for answers—
I work for a local government employer in Reno Nv. We have
I work for a local government employer in Reno Nv. We have a server room where there is a camera. I do not know for sure if it does video only or video and audio. I had a conversation in there a few w… read more
If we join a company at a certain salary and certain hours,
If we join a company at a certain salary and certain hours, does an employer have the right to a year later make us sign a "Confirmation of Receipt including At-Will Language" form that then state the… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
If a fellow employee verbaly and phisicaly assaults you in
If a fellow employee verbaly and phisicaly assaults you in retaliation from a previous on the job report but the assault was off the job and you were terminated because you reported the incadent do yo… read more
legaleagle
legaleagle
Attorney,
Ive been cursed at by the owner of the company I work for.
I've been cursed at by the owner of the company I work for. All the other employees at one time or another have had to be verbally abused also. I don't take it when he does it and this last time he ba… read more
A.J.
A.J.
Attorney,
I am a small business owner located in Pa. I have an ...
I am a small business owner located in Pa. I have an employee that resigned and he want COBRA. I told him that we are to small a company and don''t qualify for COBRA. He said that because it is in our… read more
Litigation Attorney,
What to do if, in an employees handbook, it states that ...
What to do if, in an employees handbook, it states that they offer health insurance at 50/50. I've asked a number of managers and the owner, and no answer. What can I do to resolve this?… read more
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer
Attorney,