Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

William Kenworthy
William Kenworthy
William Kenworthy

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
my company just won a government contract that uses SCA wages.
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
my company just won a government contract that uses SCA wages. Am I allowed to use the incumbnet employee at a lower arte. that is, the employee does a secretaries job and i want to pay her the equiva… read more
We're a dialysis company in California that contracts with
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
We're a dialysis company in California that contracts with several hospitals to provide hemodialysis services. We send out dialysis nurses based on how many patients are in the hospital that need dial… read more
In a sca wage determination contract, who pays for sick leave.
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
In a sca wage determination contract, who pays for sick leave.? Can the employer deduct the benefit for sick leave that is Quote."earned"… read more
I work on an SCA contract. I just found out that 2 annual
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I work on an SCA contract. I just found out that 2 annual contract renewals ago I was reclassified to a lower wage determination that pays less, and therefore I do not warrant the wage increase for th… read more
job bidding. contract says all job bids will be considered
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
job bidding. contract says all job bids will be considered and where qualifications are relatively equal the job will be awarded to the senior bidder. one bidder has worked for 32 years with the compa… read more
Our company is bidding a prevailing wage job for installation
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Our company is bidding a prevailing wage job for installation of prefabricated light gage steel trusses and decking. It has been our experience in the past that this type of work falls under the categ… read more
A company who is placing a bid on a goverment contract
Phillips Esq., Attorney
A company who is placing a bid on a goverment contract recieved inside information from my supervisor. My team was told not to give any other company that ask for information about the contract correc… read more
I recently bid for a contract for a large company and when
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I recently bid for a contract for a large company and when they performed a background check to verify my past employment, the owner of one last company I worked for said outright lies about me and to… read more
What is considered an employment contract? Is a letter
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
What is considered an employment contract? Is a letter exchanged stating wage, hours and benefits considered a contract… read more
We're in the process of terminating our lead security
John, Employment Lawyer
Hi there,We're in the process of terminating our lead security engineer from our tech company. We're giving her a severance and would like to include a clause in there that explicitly states things li… read more
Can I leave a company and bid on a contract against that company
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Can I leave a company and bid on a contract against that company to work for a current company client while on a non-compete if the contract doesn't start until after the non-compete ends? This is a p… read more
We are a small towing company in Apache Junction, AZ. The
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
We are a small towing company in Apache Junction, AZ. The city had a bid open up for towing contracts. We put in our bid and even though PD didn't recommend us on the rotation, we went before city cou… read more
If I own a construction company & we bid on a project & got
William Kenworthy
William Kenworthy, Doctoral Degree
If I own a construction company & we bid on a project & got the contract to perform that work, & if we under bid that project by $2.5M & the owner knew it was under bid by that much, & we still contin… read more
We are forced to take on-call during the week and weekends
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
We are "forced" to take on-call during the week and weekends without any compensation except our hourly wage if we're called in, we have asked several times for the employers to compensate us in some … read more
What would be considered a contract of adhesion If the
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
What would be considered a "contract of adhesion" ? If the employee is not informed of the requirement to sign the contract until after accepting employement and relocating for the same(of-course afte… read more
Several US companies bid for the contract I worked on in Japan,
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
Several US companies bid for the contract I worked on in Japan for two years, including my company. My company required all consultants in Asia and Europe to pack up their homes several weeks before t… read more
I am currently involved in the Microsoft imposed 10% wage cut
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I am currently involved in the Microsoft imposed 10% wage cut that has been passed to our contracting companies....in turn the company I work for has pushed the 10% wage cut to each employee. They hav… read more
I have worked for a contract company w/the Dept.Of ...
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
I have worked for a contract company w/the Dept.Of Corrections for 3.5 yrs. My contract employer lost the bid & new contract employer is coming into the prison. Can they make us wait 90 days for insur… read more