Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I received a written final on Friday. Two reasons. I had to

I received a written final on Friday. Two reasons. I had to talk to an employee about unprofessional language over the phone. She says she understood. After the talk I inadvertently let it slip that I had to call xxx, my boss and let her know we had the conversation and that she understood the next steps could go straight to to termination per co. Policy. She interpreted that to mean, my boss wanted her fired. 2nd one of our phone agents is in a physical abuse situation. We advised Corp. HR and my boss and I had a discussion with her to offer help. Another employee in a job, not a supervisor like me, but in between agent and me ,asked me about it. I didn't acknowledge it directly but said if you ever see anything concerning you should bring it to a supervisor. She told someone else and it got back to my boss as I told her to keep an eye on that person. This occurred over 3 mos. ago, I was out on Final Written that never expires yesterday. I have been there over 5 years and have NEVER been placed on anything. I have worked my way up from being on the phones to where I am. My boss delivered the news yesterday and the emailed me a copy. I have not responded, dont know if I should.
JA: What kind of workplace is this (private sector, public sector, etc.)? How many employees?
Customer: Can I move on from this or should I look for a job. I like my job.
JA: Where are you located? Harassment laws vary by state.
Customer: Las Vegas, NV
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I agree I made a mistake but they feel it' s a Final that should never go away.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

What is your ideal outcome in this situation?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am 59 years old. Very dedicated , but at times feel picked on due to being a first time people manager in this situation. I want to be able to move on and keep my job but this Finsl has no expiration date. Is this even possible

Hello! I see that you requested a phone call. That’s great news! I have just one caller ahead of you, but you will be live on the phone with me in about 30 minutes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Thanks so much.

Hi, I just tried calling. Are you available?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am

Ok, it keeps going to voicemail. Let me try again.