Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Yesterday I had to leave work because I became ill. Think it…

Customer Question
Yesterday I had...

Yesterday I had to leave work because I became ill. Think it was food poisoning, but I am also insulin diabetic. Nurses where helping me BP, checked sugar, it was 133, BP fine, I had only 15 minutes with pt didn’t have my iPad, didn’t bill. Today I was suspended and might not be taken back

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The DOR with another manager I. The meeting yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union. At Wil?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Heartland had all the therapist in a meeting with the bosses boss, telling us that it’s not about the minutes. I got written up about 2months ago because of my reaction. I’ve been at HCR for 11 years, I have difficulty keeping up with the impossible paperwork, and the IPad work.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
7/11/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. It will be my pleasure to assist you. What precisely is your question for me please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Right now, I‘m, mostly angry and scared, I’m 60 y/o. The DOR said she would get back to me about whether I can come back or not would not give me a date or time,b but if I can come back, I’d get paid for time off. I was sick yesterday, explosive diarrhea, had to clean up, if she had called me I would have come back in the evening to finish the paperwork, this is all about me not getting the paperwork done.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hardly ever call off, paperwork has always been hard for me, once we went to iPad it was more difficult for me, I’m worried they will fire me, i want to make sure I get my retirement, I only wanted to work 3 more years, are you aware of the productivity requirements therapist now have, its 80%, sometimes you can’t make it, you use your breaks and lunch to catchup on notes, and yes I’m the only OT that barely uses her iPad,but at least 3-4 of the PTs don’t either.

Thank you for your responses. I will opt out in favor of other attorneys who may be able to assist you better on this.